Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my address book from my MacBook Air to my iPhone 6 plus?

I have gone through my address book on my MacBook Air and edited all of the old contacts out and corrected those that needed correcting. Now I would like to replicate that address book on my iPhone 6 plus. I have tried using iTunes to do this by going to "info" under iPhone 6+ in iTunes and checking "sync contacts" at the top of the page and selecting "contacts" under advanced and replace information on this iPhone. It does nothing. The contacts on my iPhone are the same as they were before with no changes. Do I have to edit the adress books on my MacBook Air, iPhone 6 plus and iPad seperately? I would think there would be a way to edit one and then sync the others to the edited version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a search of other related disscussions and they all said to do what I've tried. Thak you.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 1TB

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:15 PM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2015 12:56 AM in response to 123Luckie

They most likely aren't the same on each device because you are using more than one account to keep the contacts. My guess is that on the Mac you also have some contacts in a 'On my Mac' account, which don't sync to other devices because only contracts at your iCloud account will sync. Try dragging these contacts from the "on my Mac" account to the iCloud account. This should allow them to sync with all your other devices, but will also duplicate them on the mac. However, once you can see that they are syncing correctly between devices, you can safely delete them from the "on my Mac" account.

How do I transfer my address book from my MacBook Air to my iPhone 6 plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.