Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 7th, volume as sensitive as 5th gen nano?

My old Nano (5th gen?) with the click wheel, had a nice variation offered for volume control

but... it's getting old....

I'm looking at the 7th gen Nano... noticed it has the toggle type volume up/down

I've found on cell phones often the steps between the volume levels on this type of control is not "stepped" enough so I end up with a choice of too loud or too soft and nothing between....

I also wear the 5th gen Nano on a cord around my neck, listening to audiobooks and I work/do house chores/exercise/meditate.... etc... it weighed little and the click wheel was not sensitive to changing sections or volume if I bumped it

the new nano.... do you have to carry it around? noticed none of the cases I have seen are "wearable" and honestly, a belt hook will not work and I don't want an uncomfortable strap on my arm (often do my dance practice listening to the music on the Nano, would hang up on the veil)

sorry to the old click wheel go...

but, looking forward to 16 gb ;-)

those who have had the older Nano and now have the new, any advice about what I will find changed and what I may love in the new version?

thank you

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:32 PM

I find the volume controls to be fine (you can also adjust on the screen). You will have to get used to the touch screen which will be different than selecting songs with the click wheel. Not sure about cases I've never actually looked but Bluetooth is built into the 7th Generation so you can have no cables.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 1:32 PM in response to wednesdaytgw

I find the volume controls to be fine (you can also adjust on the screen). You will have to get used to the touch screen which will be different than selecting songs with the click wheel. Not sure about cases I've never actually looked but Bluetooth is built into the 7th Generation so you can have no cables.

Jul 3, 2015 10:16 PM in response to deggie

thank you

I like the Phillips earbuds (over the ear style) keeps me from dropping things into water when working or housework ;-) and so much cheaper and, I think, better sound...

the touch screen will be a learning thing I guess

I liked the click wheel... seems so much more wearable but... I may find the touch screen easier to not touch than it seems

ipod nano 7th, volume as sensitive as 5th gen nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.