Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 — Audiobooks in iBooks: No Track Title

I had a collection of audiobook files in a single album. In the music app, the individual titles appeared in the listing.

Now, moved to the iBooks app, the album is interpreted as a single book, the tracks are apparently chapters, and all of them are anonymously titled “Track ###”. Had they been called “Chapter”, it might have been understandable, but it would have been just as useless.

I don’t think the process has interpreted the nature of the album and tracks correctly. As a result, audiobooks are now less usable than the previous version.

Did no one at Apple notice this? Apple, I like your stuff, but this is just a bit sloppy. I have submitted this issue to Apple Feedback.

I have read of a workaround by converting them back to music. That doesn’t suit my needs.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:38 AM

I also experienced this issue. I listen extensively to audio books on my apple devices. My previously segmented chapters / titles were converted to hundreds of track numbers starting at Track 00 and going through 1000 in many cases. The tracks contained audio of between 50 seconds to ~3 minutes each.

The conversion of Audiobooks to iBooks is either a mistake or very poor execution. Either way, I decided to “downgraded” back to ios 8.3 and will not go to 8.4 until this issue is resolved. Downgrading to 8.3 took a bit of work, but my audio books are now recovered. For me, well worth the trouble.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 6:38 AM in response to Manngo

I also experienced this issue. I listen extensively to audio books on my apple devices. My previously segmented chapters / titles were converted to hundreds of track numbers starting at Track 00 and going through 1000 in many cases. The tracks contained audio of between 50 seconds to ~3 minutes each.

The conversion of Audiobooks to iBooks is either a mistake or very poor execution. Either way, I decided to “downgraded” back to ios 8.3 and will not go to 8.4 until this issue is resolved. Downgrading to 8.3 took a bit of work, but my audio books are now recovered. For me, well worth the trouble.

iOS 8.4 — Audiobooks in iBooks: No Track Title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.