Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't update my Apps, iMac mid 2007 with Yosemite 10.10.4

I have a mid 2007 iMac and have updated to Yosemite 10.10.4 and now I can't update Apps in iTunes. I can open the updates page and Apps that need updating appear but when I press 'update all' nothing happens. Left the computer in that mode for over 2 hours - nothing.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:33 AM

Had the same problem and submitted an Apple Feedback Report. Found later that if I updated an app on my iPhone (IOS 8.4) and then synched it to my iMac (OS 10.10.4) the change was recognized as an app not on the iMac and could be imported. Checking the last changed date for that app in iTunes 12.2 showed the iMac now had the latest version. Suspect a bug as I am not getting an App Update pane in iTunes 12.2, though hovering over the App symbol in the menu shows the number of apps to be updated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Granddad 2

Had the same problem and submitted an Apple Feedback Report. Found later that if I updated an app on my iPhone (IOS 8.4) and then synched it to my iMac (OS 10.10.4) the change was recognized as an app not on the iMac and could be imported. Checking the last changed date for that app in iTunes 12.2 showed the iMac now had the latest version. Suspect a bug as I am not getting an App Update pane in iTunes 12.2, though hovering over the App symbol in the menu shows the number of apps to be updated.

Jul 3, 2015 2:50 PM in response to mikebrown

Thanks for your help. It's getting weirder - after posting my question I found a sort of answer on Google. In the update page I double clicked one of the app icons and another small window opens with the option to update. I clicked it and the update pane at the top of the page lit up with the info briefly and then when blank again. I tried another, same result. At that point the 'Update all' button changed from grey to black. I clicked on that and the update pane at the top then cycled through the apps (about 8 to be updated) and then went blank again.

I left the computer to it and returned later and all the icons had disapeared as they normally would and the message 'all apps are up todate' was showing. Checking the my apps page showed that none needed updating.

So it appears the apps may update but that is not shown in the update pane. I'll see what happens next time.

iTunes won't update my Apps, iMac mid 2007 with Yosemite 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.