Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store updates broken after iOS 8.4 update

Updated iPhone 5 iOS 8.3 to 8.4

Now updates won't install.

Affected apps are greyed out and won't work at all

Tried uninstalling affected app (Evernote) but now can't reinstall it either.

Other app now affected too. Looks like all app updates are broken.

Any fixes?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:18 AM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:51 AM in response to dar.

This is probably clutching at straws because I can't find any explanations or fixes for this update problem but...

'Music' is 'connected' with iTunes which is 'connected' with the App Store.

I didn't subscribe to Music when i updated to 8.4

Has this caused some sort of 'hang' that prevents any sort of App Store download because their system is hanging waiting for a subscription response re: Music?

Hope not 'cause i'm not into music enough to ever subscribe.

Jul 8, 2015 6:27 AM in response to dar.

I was having the same issues today on both my iPhone 5s and iPad Mini 2. Both are on 8.4. I had some pretty hefty updates to download, namely Pages, Numbers and Keynote - almost 1GB worth in total. The update bar (circle) will complete, then it would error out on both devices.

I just did a reboot on both devices (simultaneously holding down the home button + standby button), went back to the app store, and was able to complete the necessary updates without any issues.

My sister was having the same issue with her iPhone 6 today as well, she switched her phone off, then switched it back on, but is still unable to download her updates. Might get her to try the reboot trick to see if that works for her as well.

Weird, but hey, it's working now!

App Store updates broken after iOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.