Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete photos

I can no longer delete pictures in iPhoto. I am using the Version 1.0.1

Any suggestions?

MacBook, Was working

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:57 PM

10 replies

Jul 3, 2015 9:58 AM in response to paulette238

Deleting Photos from a Photos Library

1 - regardless of where you are in the library, i.e. Moments, Collections, albums, smart albums or projects, select the photo(s) you want to delete and use the key combination of Command+Delete to move the photos to the Recently Deleted smart album.

2 - use the File ➙ Show Recently Deleted menu option to go to the Recently Deleted smart album.

User uploaded file

3 - in the Recently Deleted album you and opt to let the photo automatically delete after the 30 day waiting period is up, delete them immediately or restore them to the library.

User uploaded file

NOTE: deleting a photo from an album, slideshow, book, etc., with only the Delete key only deletes that photo from that item. Deleting a photo from a Moment or Collection deletes ALL occurences of that photo in the library.

User uploaded file

Aug 3, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Suzanne Dumont

Suzanne Dumont wrote:

Hi... I am not using Smart Albums but I can't delete photos in my albums. I've tried everything... but can't move them to the trash and can't delete them with keyboard keys. I can hide the photos but not delete them. I'm using iphoto '11 9.4.2. Any ideas?

That is because you ThreadJacked a thread about a totally different program - ThreadJacking is not only Rude but gives bad answers since seldom would have have exactly the same system and problem as the OP In iPhoto '11 version 9.4.2 select the photos in an event and press the delete key then empty the iPhoto trash and the system trash or select the photo in an album and press the command and option keys and then the delete key and empty the iphoto trash and the system trash

In the future please start your own thread for your questions rather than ThreadJacking other's questions

LN

Can't delete photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.