Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving keynote files in iCloud? Must I use iCloud Drive?

I used to be able to save and sync Keynote and pages files to my free 5GB icloud. However, it seems Apple has taken this feature away and only allows in if you buy iCloud Drive. Is this correct? Or am I missing something?

My Keynote is 6.5 I think. (Latest as of July '15)

I'm on Yosemite.

Thanks for any tips on this.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:49 PM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 11:38 PM in response to jackbootthug

You can enable iCloud Drive and use it without buying additional storage. The 5GB of iCloud storage can be used for iCloud Drive as well.

You will see application collection folders in iCloud Drive for Pages and Keynote where you can save or drop your iWork documents. Just enable it in the System preferences > iCloud.

User uploaded file

But the old Documents in the Cloud do no longer work: See this help page on how to migrate your iWok documents from Documents in the Cloud to iCloud Drive: OS X Yosemite: Store documents with iCloud Drive

Keynote should be showing you your iCloud Library in the drop down menu, when you launch Keynote:

User uploaded file

Jul 3, 2015 2:54 AM in response to jackbootthug

So what you show me there is using new Keynote (6.5) AND without buying iCloud Drive?? Please confirm.

You only need to buy anything, if if the free 5GB iCloud storage does not suffice to hold all your documents. Then you need to buy an upgrade, if you need more iCloud Storage.

Otherwise enable iCloud Drive in your System preferences > iCloud and click the "Options" to enable the applications that you want to use with iCloud Drive.

User uploaded file

This Help document explains more - see the link: iCloud Drive FAQ

Saving keynote files in iCloud? Must I use iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.