Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all my Health app data after iPhone Restore

hello all

yesterday i had to

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:56 PM

7 replies

Sep 15, 2015 7:29 AM in response to rbgos

rbgos wrote:

I have the same problem - lost weight and body fat %age data when I did a restore from backup (backed up to my computer).

Looks like a bug, this is not included in the backup - APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS!!! Thank you...

No, it's not a bug. Unless you create an encrypted back up, your Health data will not be backed up. This is by design.

Sep 15, 2015 8:32 AM in response to rbgos

rbgos wrote:

I have the same problem - lost weight and body fat %age data when I did a restore from backup (backed up to my computer).

Looks like a bug, this is not included in the backup - APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS!!! Thank you...

FIRST, you are not talking to Apple, just to other users. NEXT, it is NOT a bug. It is intentional, by design. Health App content is only backed up to your computer if you enable encrypted backups. This is to protect your privacy and to comply with US Federal laws regarding health data privacy. This is cleary described in the manual, and also in About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support.

If you back up to iCloud the backup is always encrypted, and will contain your health app content.

Lost all my Health app data after iPhone Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.