Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage/space issue

Hello everyone!

So I've been looking through my iPhone 6's usage and stuff, then I noticed that it says my Photos is taking up like 70GB or something like that. Then when I tap into it, it shows: "Photo Library: 58.2GB", "Synced from iTunes Library: 12.4GB", and two other things that are very insignificant. You may think that's just because I have tons of photos on my phone, but on iTunes it says that "Photos" only takes up about like 8.03GB whereas "Other" takes up about 73.54GB. I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this out and why it's doing this. My iPhone 6 is obviously a 128GB and for some reason the photos is taking up lots of space. Oh and another thing...I was looking at another thing and I wasn't sure what it'll do so I want to ask you all for some help on this. So I went into Settings -> Photos & Camera and when I try to turn on "iCloud Photo Library" it asks if I want to delete the 20,000 photos on my phone when the Photo app only shows 10,000 photos. I have no clue where the extra 10,000 photos are and it also asks me if I want to delete them and something about syncing from iTunes is not supported. I wasn't sure if that'll delete the photos from my iMac or not. Just a last question...whenever I try to back up my phone, it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected, but the phone is connected to the iMac directly via the lightning cable. I have no clue why that happens. Sorry for the long post, but I hope you all smartypants out there can help me out. 🙂 THANKS!

-CIownZ

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:08 AM in response to CIownZ

Well I'm new to here. But supported for decades 🙂 So, the first thing I'd do is make sure your cable is a quality one and the USB port is good.
Sometimes even dust gets in the port 😉 Mind you that's really a LOT of pics to suddenly backup? IF you don't really need to sync or backup the OLD pics (ie already in iCloud or on your computer. Then just delete them (those specific duplicates) from your phone 😉

iPhone Storage/space issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.