Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime won't register with my AppleID

When I log in for my dads account (new) on his Macbook comes up with

You cannot sign in to iMessage or FaceTime on this Mac at this time.

To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below.

Customer Code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Apple ID: @icloud.com

I have read could be because serial number not staying with upgrade or a series of software issues, but it is definitely account side because if I sign in with my account it works perfect. I contacted support over a week ago and they still have not replied. Is the anything thing you have to enable in account settings to get it to work. It works fine on his phone with his account he just got a 5s and I thought for his business it would be handy to be able to work through mac.

I have tried:

Creating new local account, logging in on chat.

Powering off and taking out battery and pressing (hold) power button.

Reinstalling Yosemite

Creating a new account for him (produces same error but different customer code)

Support said they have removed the activation block or what ever is on their side, he was baffled when he was watching screen and saw my account login and activate fine.

Yosemite is running on a Macbook white. It can't be macbook side can it, if it signs in to a older account? Is there anything I can do???

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:11 AM

There are no replies.

iMessage and FaceTime won't register with my AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.