Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5c stuck on apple logo

I just purchased an iPhone 5c yesterday on contract with a mobile network. They had it set up in the store for me and transferred all of my photos, videos and music from my iphone 4. I only had time to install a few apps yesterday evening and had not yet updated it to the latest ios software before putting the phone on charge last night. When I removed it from the charger this morning I found that it was frozen on the apple logo and would not turn off or on. I have tried holding in the lock button and home button for 15seconds but the apple logo just reappears and will not go away. Should I try to plug it into my laptop and restore it or is there a risk that this is a mechanical fault with the phone itself since it was only purchased yesterday?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:58 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 4:59 AM in response to weary124

If the reset does not work, try to connect to your computer in recovery mode and restore the phone, explained in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

If you can't connect the phone in recovery mode and it is not recognized by the computer, contact Apple Support or your carrier to get it serviced.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

iphone 5c stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.