Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone apple ID not accepted

Hey there,

A month or so back I installed a free app onto my iPhone and since then I haven't been able to do anything on my phone which requires apple ID verification.

When i try to update apps or go anywhere in my settings it will regularly ask for my password to my apple ID every >5 seconds.

I let it slide for the month because I couldn't be bothered with fixing it but now I have dozens of app updates queued and I want to fix it.

I tried resetting settings, didn't do a thing and I tried a factory reset, now my phone is pretty much bricked because it is allocated to this appleID yet it won't accept my ID and password.

So now I have an expensive iphone 6+ brick, what should I do?

Cheers,

Hair

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:39 AM

7 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:34 PM in response to Maestro R

Hi Briansyddall and Maestro R,

I have my password, and to reassure that I know it i even was able to change my password to a new password.

I have also been to appleid.apple, couldn't find anything to help my cause.

When i enter my id and pw into the iphone set up it says:

Incorrect Apple ID, "EMAIL@hotmail.com" cannot be used to unlock this iPhone.

I have no other email.

Thanks

Jul 3, 2015 6:14 PM in response to Maestro R

Hello,

Yeah it's my account/email/ID I've used it since I had my iPhone 4, 4 odd years ago.

I've upgrade from a 4 to a 5 to a 6+ with no issues, using the same account.

It has just decided to play up now for unknown reasons.

I fear I must make a venture to an Apple store.

Edit: I had problems with the FMiP when I was trying to restore the phone, but I got around with the manual reboot thingo (hold home for 3, power+home for 10).

Cheers

iPhone apple ID not accepted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.