Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why i dont see whatsapp messages notification on apple watch?

Hi,

I have 32mm sport apple watch.

I turned on "mirror iphone alerts" from whatsapp (through the apple watch app on the Iphone).

somehow , when i recieve a whatsapp message I dont get notification in the apple watch.

I do see the message in the iphone notifications.

I find that this feature is necessary for me.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Mor.

Apple Watch, iOS 8.4, Notifications

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:55 AM

9 replies

May 13, 2017 10:03 PM in response to MHin88

This was just a massive waste of my time! I thought unpairing would be a simple thing like a bluetooth unpair, but it forces a total reset of the watch. Then you have to wait while all your settings are put back and apps re-installed!

For me the answer was simply according to what Jonathan wrote below, i.e.:

When you have Wrist Detection enabled (on your iPhone in the Apple Watch app: My Watch > General > Wrist Detection):

- If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.

- If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked and on your wrist, you'll receive notifications on your Apple Watch.

Sep 7, 2015 4:31 AM in response to Mor007

Hi Mor

Notifications can behave differently depending on how your watch is configured.

When you have Wrist Detection enabled (on your iPhone in the Apple Watch app: My Watch > General > Wrist Detection):

- If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.

- If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked and on your wrist, you'll receive notifications on your Apple Watch.

About notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Why i dont see whatsapp messages notification on apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.