Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show full albums only

Hi,

I am trying Apple Music coming from Spotify, and would like something similar to the "My music" feature I have there, where in the Album view only Full Albums are shown. Is it any way to have a view in Apple Music showing only full Albums? For example, if I have a playlist with 1000 songs from 1000 different albums, I do not want all of them show up in the cover flow for my collection, I would like to have somewhere the possibility to see only full albums.

I have created a smart playlist with favorites only, so if I favorite only full albums and switch to album view into that playlist on itunes that makes the trick, however, this works on Itunes only, since on IOS I couldn't find an album view for playlists.

Anybody has a solution?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:46 AM

11 replies

Jun 23, 2017 12:38 AM in response to manofdogz

This is exactly what I am looking for for some time now! Hope someone heard it for iOS11

ps- what I sent as feedback to Apple:

"What are all these albums doing in my library?! I added just the songs to Playlists, Not the album with 1 song in it to my library. How am I supposed to look at the list of albums I actually did add to my library? Should be as if I am looking at the CD stand at home, doesn't it?

Hope this helps"

Jul 12, 2015 1:22 AM in response to Yer_Man

That's obviously true, but not what we were meaning. It's always possible to search for the artist/album, but the reason for "My Music" is to have all that I like in one place. The problem is I cannot have only albums that I like there, because every playlist, or mix album makes a terrible mess in My Music.

A partial solution would be to convert albums into playlists and for browsing them later. However, when you find an album and try to add it to a playlist, you are only given a choice of existing playlists, WITHOUT possibility of adding a new one. So, you first have to create an empty playlist, then find an album and add all its content to the playlist. That's far from convenient.

Oct 3, 2015 7:03 AM in response to sasmimo

Don't understand your problem. If I go to My Music and then select Albums from the drop down "view" menu, all I see is the albums that I have in my library (whether I matched them from my iTunes Library or added them from AM). Granted, they are sorted by Artist as opposed to Album name, but they are still there.

Oct 3, 2015 7:16 AM in response to thewusman

thewusman wrote:

I Cannot believe Apple haven't thought about this. It's a deal breaker for me - Spotify makes this easy. AM is a mess in comparison. Just imported dozens of Spotify playlists and now have hundreds of single song albums causing chaos. What ever happened to "it just works."

Perhaps it has something to do with the way AM imports playlists from other sources (aside from AM or your own iTunes) because I have added about two dozen playlists from AM suggestions (For You, Connect, etc.) to my Library and none of those songs appear in My Music (aside from the listing in the actual playlist) and none of the albums that contain the songs in the playlists have been added to My Library in the Album view - either as complete albums or single song albums.

Jan 27, 2016 4:51 AM in response to swandy

Not sure if I'm on the same wavelength but the problem as I see it is that AM shows ALL albums even if you only have 1 track from some of those album on your phone/iPad. I do hobby DJ'ing and use my phone as an emergency back up for this. Hence I have hundreds of albums which only have 1 or 2 tracks downloaded to my phone because that is what is suitable for my DJ gigs. What I would like is to see 'complete albums' only so when I'm out walking the dogs I can listen to a complete album of my choice rather than scrolling through hundreds with only 1 track. After all, an album with just 1 track isn't an album - I'd prefer to look for those individual tracks by song or artist name. Maybe the solution is to have a 'partial albums' list and a 'complete albums' list

Show full albums only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.