Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4: Exchange push mail does not work any more

Hi all,

I am using Google Apps for Businesses. After updating to iOS 8.4 the Exchange push feature does not work any more. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

I have to open the Mail app and manually update the inbox before I see new mails (+ when opening the inbox it automatically fetches mails), but there is no push any more.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:00 AM

My exchange email seems to be fine, but I've just noticed that my calendars and contacts are not syncing across my devices (iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro). I upgraded the software on all three a couple of days ago. I now am in a situation where I have entered appointments in various devices and no longer know where I'm up to!

Not sure if this is an issue at Microsoft's end with the exchange server, or a bug with the OSX and ios updates. Any suggestions anyone?

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 3:00 AM in response to stevan1

My exchange email seems to be fine, but I've just noticed that my calendars and contacts are not syncing across my devices (iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro). I upgraded the software on all three a couple of days ago. I now am in a situation where I have entered appointments in various devices and no longer know where I'm up to!

Not sure if this is an issue at Microsoft's end with the exchange server, or a bug with the OSX and ios updates. Any suggestions anyone?

Jul 3, 2015 12:24 PM in response to stevan1

Same exact problem on my end. I am also using Google Apps for Business, which was working fine until the iOS 8.4 upgrade. The push notifications for email are now running sometimes hours behind, if they arrive at all. It's effectively like I set my mail to fetch rather than push (which I have not done). This is effecting both my iPad (3rd generation) and my iPhone 6 Plus. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Jul 23, 2015 8:12 AM in response to stevan1

I've been having Exchange Push Email and Notification issues on my iPhone6+ for quite a while.

My iPad Air does not have the issues.

Things I have done:

Deleted and redefined the email account on the iPhone.

Restored from Backup.

Restored form Backup after doing a Factory Reset of iOS.

All of the above get things working for a while (days, a week at most) but then things get

problematic. This was happening way before iOS 8.4 and my iPad on 8.4 does not

exhibit the problems.

So for now I run the Exchange account AND the IMAP version simultaneously just so I

don't totally miss the notifications. IMAP does not push mail but I have it set to FETCH

at 15 minutes worst case. 15 minutes is way better than none at all.

J

iOS 8.4: Exchange push mail does not work any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.