Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it just me or is it an iOS8.4 bug?

Anyone recieving from the iOS8.4 a fuzzy screen after leaving your iPad (maybe not iPhone) to sleep? Rebooting the device will do but fuzziness will return after leaving it to sleep for a short while

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4, I am using an iPad mini retina

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:12 AM

6 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:39 AM in response to richiefig

If doing the restore doesn't help then I'd make an appointment at your local apple store and have them look at it. On regular computers when I see something like that I think it's a video cable or video card issue. The iPad doesn't have a video cable so I'd wonder if there's something wrong with the main card inside, which is beyond a user fix and time for the pros

Jul 3, 2015 5:39 AM in response to richiefig

I have never seen anything like that. Did you try a forced restart of the iPad? It is sometimes called resetting the device. It's not like powering off and on with the power button only. If you have tried it, give it a shot.

To force restart the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't work, try Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. No data is lost but de ice settings have to be re-entered, such as your WiFi network passwords. So if you don't know the password by heart, get it before you reset the settings.

If that fails, you could try restoring the iOS using iTunes.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If that still doesn't work, you have a hardware problem. Make an appointment at an Apple Store and ask them to evaluate the iPad for you.

Is it just me or is it an iOS8.4 bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.