Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit as my OS. I can not download the 12.2 iTunes update. Is 12.2 suitable for a 64 bit system?

my OS is Window 8.1 64 bit. I can not down load iTunes update 12.2. Is this update suitable for 8.1 64 bit OS?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:13 AM

Yup, it works fine on 8.1 64-bit. Go to this page http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and make double check under 'Download i-Tunes' it says "iTunes 12.2 for Windows (64-bit)"

8 replies

Jul 3, 2015 4:29 AM in response to Pensioner43

Thank you for your reply. You have probably experienced it - you are sitting having a drink everything is quiet and the landline rings as soon as you answer it your mobile/ cell phone also rings. The same happened to me with this question. After I had posted my question I thought I would try again to download it one last time and this time it worked. I tried to do it many times yesterday and several times today before.

Jul 3, 2015 4:39 AM in response to Pensioner43

No trouble downloading 12.02.0.145 on Windows 8.1 64 bit but I wouldn't do it as it is so slow that it is almost unusable. Minor edits to the music files in iTunes takes minutes (e.g., changing genre, track #, etc.). Each subsequent update in Version 12 seems to be getting worse. Do yourself a favor and find another program!

Jul 3, 2015 10:59 AM in response to jst914

TThank you for your reply. You seem to know a lot about iTunes perhaps you could help me further. I imported a CD for my grand daughter so it could be loaded on to her mobile/ cell phone. On importing it it showed as track 1, track 2 etc. I have now typed in each tracks info by right clicking each track and going into get info to input the details. I have typed the same information for each track (different track titles of course). However 2 album covers appeared under my music. Some tracks are in 1 cover and some in the other. They are not sequential but random. My question is this 'how do I combine them'

Jul 3, 2015 11:15 AM in response to Pensioner43

iTunes will group tracks into an album when:

• all tracks have a the same Album value and the same Artist value, or
  • all tracks have a the same Album value and the same Album Artist value, or
  • all tracks have a the same Album value and the "Part of a Compilation" flag checked.

There is some evidence that iTunes 12 may not always evaluate these rules correctly - generally corrected by adding and then removing a "dummy" character to one of the grouping fields. Also, iTunes 12 does not appear to strip trailing spaces from some metadata values, which could also contribute to invalid grouping.

Ordering of tracks can be corrected by:

• ensuring that the track number and disc number fields are consistently populated for all tracks
  • ensuring that all tracks have the same values for the Sort Artist, Sort Album and Sort Album Artist fields (or are all blank)

(Edit) - note also you that you can - and should - select all tracks and right-click > Get Info to set the metadata elements that are common to all tracks. Greatly reduces the risk of incorrect grouping as a result of typos.

Jul 3, 2015 2:30 PM in response to hhgttg27

Thank you for your reply. I followed you instructions. Each group had the same information so they should have combined. I finally noticed that in one group there was a mark over the E in Sande, in the other there wasn't. I corrected the one without the mark and they combined. The mark was so small as practically invisible to these old eyes even with glasses.

Jul 3, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Pensioner43

Glad you got it sorted. It would be nice if there was some way to configure iTunes to handle these things a little more intuitively, though there are some fundamental limitations due to iTunes' primary organization being at the track level, so grouping into albums depends on evaluating rules against multiple metadata values. Still, some sort of preferences selection would be useful to allow users to say whether accented vs. non-accented characters, or single spaces vs. multiple spaces should significant for grouping purposes.

Jul 12, 2015 3:38 PM in response to Pensioner43

All I can say is you are LUCKY if the new iTunes cannot be downloaded. It is BAD! No home sharing on your iPhone. Playlists don't have columns. Using it in my car is now dangerous even if it is mounted. Apple focused on their new products but forgot their mainstay. The "easy interface" is now convoluted - I've gotten used to it but it used to be "SIMPLE". No more. Maybe they hired Microsoft developers.

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit as my OS. I can not download the 12.2 iTunes update. Is 12.2 suitable for a 64 bit system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.