Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID fustration

I am terribly frustrated with the way Apple handles user accounts (aka Apple IDs). Like me, there might be hundred thousands of migrants that might want to buy apps using two or more country stores. So if you used to live in country A where you bought a number of apps, now when you move to country B, if you change your address (country store) and payment method, you can no longer see you previous purchases made in country store A. This is very annoying!! The fix of course would be to change yet again your personal information to A, but this is so irritating that many people end up creation a secondary account.

And there goes my second point. If you now use two accounts, apple decided that each device can only use one apple ID. This means that in order to set up a device such as an iphone with the new account you need to 'transfer' that device. Now you can use itunes/app store with the new account but *surprise surprise* now you cannot change to your main apple ID because you have got yourself a transfer block of 90 days!!!

Now lastly, if you decide to try Apple Music 90 days trial like I did, be careful to which account you use for this. Likewise, you get a block for changing accounts. Let's imagine that you use an apple ID with itunes store A and you decided to try out apple music. Now if you want to change the country store of this account to country B, you cannot because you can do that only on cancelation of apple music. You surely can turn off auto-renewal but at the moment you cannot cancel the trial meaning you have got another 3 month ban... Likewise if you wanted to try and use your second account, no luck because your device is now transfer blocked!!

Apple please shine some light into this!! This is by no means 'different' nor the user friendly way of doing things.

Fábio

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:17 AM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 4:24 AM in response to fmarquesmadeira

I cannot agree more ! Many people now are global citizens, travelling all over the place. It is very impractical to have a country limited account in the first place, many apps are country specific, which is not at all practical, so you need to use many apple ids if you live in many countries, and that as explained above, is very difficult to manage !

The ONLY SOLUTION would be ONE international apple id, that does not impose restriction of geography, and just propose to define one's wanted geographic location and one wanted language.

Because let's take my example, I am a Lebanese / Polish citizen having grown up in Mali, studied in France, married to an Algerian wife and now living in Spain... And I love the US culture ! So that makes a total of 7 countries to choose from. As you can imagine, I have many options to open an apple id, it turns out that I prefer the US itunes and app store... Because that is the culture I find more international, the music selection is better, the tv shows are better, and you have more choices of apps too... But I don't own an american credit card... So in the end, I used gift cards for sometime, then changed to the Lebanese store, which proposed me songs in Arabic and Bollywood music that I don't care about, and now I'm back to the Spanish store, that I'm not very happy with, compensated by a free apple id account for US apps and Apple TV... What A MESS..........

So yeah Apple, you gotta to start thinking a little more about global citizens like me, and the gentlemen above, because you are making the task of managing apple accounts very hard and unpractical for people who travel and have access to different cultures..

As for the Apple Music trial blocking ones country change for 3 months, needless to say, that's totally inadmissible ! Where is the customer freedom in such a policy... As a customer I do not like to be coerced into anything.. I would prefer to cancel the trial and start paying RIGHT NOW, but at least get the option to change countries as I like, because it is a legitimate need of mine !

Apple ID fustration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.