Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 home button does not work properly

My iphone 4 home button does not work properly.

Here are the symptoms:

1. When I double click to get into multitask nothing happens and I would have to double click it many times.

2. When I click it to ho home it doesn't work most of the time and it sometimes brings me into the multitask page.

3. I tried the way of going into the power off screen and keeping it pressed until it goes away but this is only a few second fix. I have assisting touch but I find it very annoying.

thanks,

olwas2014

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:43 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 5:02 AM in response to Olwas2014

First, reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the home button.

If the button still does not respond as expected, get the phone serviced by an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place, or contact Apple Support.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

My iphone 4 home button does not work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.