Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new get info box is too long.

The new get info box is now too long. If you wish to edit a song's length you need to see the song timer (top-screen), and write in the relevant box at the same time. Unless you move the box down you cannot do this. After you finish writing the new song length you have to move the box up again in order to click OK.

Dell, Windows 2000

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 5:55 AM

You can make the Get Info editor window larger or smaller by dragging one of its corners. Why would you want to edit the length of a song?

7 replies

Jul 3, 2015 8:54 AM in response to ed2345

I get that, though it still seems strange to me. Maybe I'm the odd one though, in that I prefer to listen to recordings as the musicians/producers intended. The one exception I can think if is for non-commercial "warts and all" live recordings; I'm not one of those who thinks that removing several minutes of "tuning" detracts from listening to a Grateful Dead concert 😉

Jul 3, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Freyne

Just because a feature exists doesn't mean it has to be used, or that all users have any interest in using it. I get the OP's point here, but iTunes is full of features I'd love to be able to remove or completely disable. For example, I have no use at for ratings, shuffle mode, Genius, Match, and I could probably manage fine if all views other than Albums were removed. Prior to the OP's clarification I was genuinely wondering why someone would want to only play part of a track ...

The new get info box is too long.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.