Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating playlist in iTunes

When I create a custom playlist using iTunes 12.1.2.27 on my Macbook Pro (OS X Yosemite 10.10.3) no matter how many times I sort the music into desired order the songs play back in what seems to be random order: not by artist, album, genre, # of plays. This is not a problem I have experienced before. How can I maintain the desired order?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:17 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:59 PM in response to dbnoyes

How are you 'turning off' shuffle? When I look at the top of my playlist I can see a shuffle icon next to the playlist name. If I click that it re-shuffles and begins playing a new song. If I actually want to turn shuffle off I have to go to the shuffle icon at the top of the iTunes window where it's showing the name of the song that's playing and there's another shuffle icon there. If that icon is blue then shuffle is turned on. If you click it it will turn grey which means shuffle is off. I hope that's helpful.

Creating playlist in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.