Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar won't sync to iOS from iCloud

I've only just become aware of this issue - not sure if it arrived with iOS 8.4?

If I add or delete an event on my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4), it syncs to iCloud immediately and on to my Mac (Yosemite 10.10.4).

If I add or delete an event on my Mac, it syncs to iCloud no problem (checked with the iCloud calendar web page) but DOESN'T appear on my iPhone.

I can force my iPhone to sync (tap Calendars, swipe down to refresh) and that works each time. I don't want to do that every time I add an event on my Mac though!

Problem appears to be that the iPhone is not receiving a push notification from iCloud. Ideas anyone?

I have already:

- turned off and on the calendar on my iCloud account from my iPhone

- restarted the Calendar app on my iPhone

- restarted my iPhone

- I have no other Calendars enabled on my iPhone

Cheers!

Bob

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:01 AM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:04 AM in response to bob_g_05

Hello guys.

I also have the same Calendar problem on my iPhone (iOS 8.4 12H143). But when doing a bit of testing between iCloud, my iPhone and my iPad (also iOS 8.4 12H143), I noticed that the iPad does not have the problem. All my Calendar events synch perfectly between iCloud and the iPad regardless of where the event was created/modified/deleted...My iPad is a 3rd generation Wi-Fi only.

Furthermore, I also found out that if you create a calendar event on the iPhone, it automatically synch to iCloud, but at the same time, everything that was created/modified/deleted on iCloud is then synched to the iPhone. This was before I read about the "calendar swipe down" maneuver, which works for me also.

Thank's and have a nice day.

Calendar won't sync to iOS from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.