Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uverse App on iPad does not Mirror to AppleTV

UVerse app works great on my iPad. Mirroring works great, BUT... When I try to mirror UVerse to AppleTV, iPad and TV go black!! I have not been able to find resolution to this issue anywhere, IS there a solution? Please let me know. Thanks.

iPad Air

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:22 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 7:47 AM in response to fjcee

Hi fjcee,

It sounds like you are trying to use Airplay to show the videos from the UVerse app but all it does is make the iPad screen and your tv go black. If you have confirmed with the maker of the app that it is compatible with Airplay, I would start by quitting the Settings and Uverse apps:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Uverse App on iPad does not Mirror to AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.