Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot "Get Album Artwork" for albums marked "Mastered for Itunes" in the store.

Hi,

I'm on the latest version of iTunes, 12.2.0.145 on Windows 8.1 (64 bit), and on newer albums like Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly, Zedd - True Colors, Tori Kelly - Unbreakable Smile, A$AP Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$AP, Muse - Drones, Raekwon - Fly International Luxurious Art, Ludacris - Ludaversal and Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color, I'm unable to fetch the artwork as I believe all of these albums fall under the "Mastered for iTunes" list.

Has anyone been able to use "Get Album Artwork" for any newer releases that were "Mastered for iTunes" or found a way to fix this problem? Passion Pit - Kindred also doesn't work but the iTunes page doesn't list it as "Mastered for iTunes." Is everyone just having problems with 2015 releases?

Any and all assistance is appreciated.

P.S. I had the same problem on the last release of iTunes as well. I figured the update would've resolved this problem and no, I currently do not have "iCloud Music Library" because it deleted all of the songs in my manual playlists and I had to go back to a previous iTunes Library file. 🙂

The artwork does not show up on my iPhone 6Plus, Silver 128gb, iPod Touch 5th Generation 64 gb, or my iPad 2 Wi-Fi

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.2, null

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 5:31 AM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 3:57 AM in response to Turbogame

Same here, imported Zedd-True Colors and Madeon-Adventure (Deluxe) using Apple Lossless from CD and can't get the artwork for either. For both it says "Artwork for "Zedd-True Colors/Madeon-Adventure (Deluxe)" could not be found. The requested resource was not found."

Adventure is out in the UK but True Colors is only available for preorder.

Edit: I'm running iTunes 12.2.0.145 64-bit on Windows 8.1 and iTunes 12.2.0.145 on my MacBook Pro running Yosemite. The diagnostics on the Windows version don't show anythings wrong and its allowed through the Windows firewall.

Jul 5, 2015 6:12 PM in response to TheTyper

I have had this issue with dozens of cd. What I do is just google for the cd artwork, there are some good sites out there of that, then edit the info and import the artwork. I have also changed the artwork when on occasion I don't like the artwork that came with the song.

Search for the covers you need. I found the first three of Muse's covers in seconds. Download them of course.

Select the album or all the songs of the album.

Right click and select Get Info

Click on Artwork tab.

Add Artwork then go to the file and hit ok.

The problem is that it does not work with music in the Cloud. Since I generally use Itunes on my PC to import the music onto my Ipod it works for me.

It would be better of Apple fixed it but that is a work around.

Jul 24, 2015 9:22 AM in response to TheTyper

I'm in exactly the same boat with the artwork as I too store my music in .wav and rely on iTunes to link the cover art. Not only did the iTunes 12 update destroy my entire library (converted it to +2000 songs by an unknown artist on an unknown album, thank you Apple for that free trojan), to add further insult on rebuilding my library I can longer get all of the artwork I had before. However, as if they really wanted to really rub your nose in it, if you right click the blank album cover and select the 'show in iTunes store' option it will happily take you to the album and its artwork. Just how dumb can this software update be ?!

Cannot "Get Album Artwork" for albums marked "Mastered for Itunes" in the store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.