Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 & Apple Music subscription made almost all tags corrupt

Just updated to iTunes 12.2, subscribed to Apple Music and after syncing my library with iCloud it broke almost all my tags in library. Now my list of artists has a lot of duplicates, but in fact these are different artists, just somehow they were renamed. Same goes for songs, they have incorrect titles taken from other songs, etc, etc, etc. So, how do I revert this back to normal state?

That's how it looks like:

User uploaded file

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 8, Version 12.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 6:21 AM

ASC user turingtest2 help document: Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6561

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:20 PM in response to CyberAP

It's kind of funny. iTunes kept all the files actually, but now they are spread across all my library, all with wrong names and empty tags. So now I have something like that in folders:

User uploaded file

I would really appreciate if someone tells a quick way to fix that. For now the only option I have is to listen to each corrupt track and identify what is it.

There are about 2900 corrupt tracks.

iTunes 12.2 & Apple Music subscription made almost all tags corrupt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.