Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 Safari bug history

If I click on a link in history and a window was openend in Safari before and then I click the back button, the title of the website is shown but the URL is wrong.

for example:

opened website: apple.com

open history, click on anything in history, for example nasa.gov (if it is in your history) -> new website opens

click back.

Then i Have the following: title: Apple and associated URL: nasa.gov.

Thank you.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 5:04 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 10:03 AM in response to de-cive

The back button does not call the URL a fresh.
It uses the cache (or bfcache Back Forward cache).

In your example nasa.gov still displays because you have not loaded a site from apple.com (by clicking on back) ALL you have done is loaded the copy (cache) that was stored on your device (and could even be outdated! )

ie Even if apple.com site went down, you could potentially click back to it and see it. BUT you are only viewing the cache NOT a new fresh page 😉

The URL remains the same, to help inform you that you have NOT loaded the page (apple.com) fresh, in reality you have only loaded nasa.gov, hence the URL showing this still.
Does that make sense?

The above is a VERY basic way, of stating pages of tech jargon to you.
It is much easier just reading the above than a LONG definition of HTTP rules and cache unloading resource information.

iOS 8.4 Safari bug history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.