Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open app panel in iTunes 12.2

I just upgraded to iTunes 12.2 as well as OS X 10.4, and whenever I click on the app panel in iTunes, iTunes freezes. Is anyone else having this problem?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 6:14 AM

6 replies

Jul 31, 2015 1:11 AM in response to Toby196

I just posted this in another thread about this same issue, so I thought I'd share it here too:

OK, only an hour ago it froze up as usual and I had to Force Quit. After relaunching a couple minutes ago, I tried again, this time clicking on Music > then iTunes Store >then while in the music Store I used the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen to change it to the Apps section of the Store. From there I clicked on "My iPad Apps" (even though I don't have an iPad). Then when I clicked on "My iPhone Apps" and "My Apps", it actually worked!!! I've tried this same method (minus clicking on "My iPad Apps" first) dozens of times already, and it's never worked. As an added bonus, after getting it to work for the first time, now I can access "My Apps" by every other normal method too.

So, I have no idea how or why, but iTunes is finally working as it's supposed to.

Jul 31, 2015 8:52 PM in response to Esszet

I just checked now, and yes it still works.

I think the way I got mine to work again was probably just coincidental (i.e. it would have worked no matter what I had tried), as several people now have recently posted that theirs just eventually started working again on its own. In other words, I still have no idea what the solution is. Sorry.

Cannot open app panel in iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.