Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does LPX attempt to load sounds and loops at each opening?

I've already initialized LPX. Why does the programme want to load sounds and loops at each opening?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:20 AM

Initialized? There's no "initialization" procedure for LP X.

Also, your OS cannot be correct, LP X is no longer compatible with Mountain Lion, and only was compatible ones by applying a certain hack. So what version of LP X, and what version OS?

LP X will only check that everything is there when starting up. Is that what you mean?

User uploaded file

Or are you starting up a project or template? Those have to load whatever is in them, every time you open them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 7:20 AM in response to trpt.guy

Initialized? There's no "initialization" procedure for LP X.

Also, your OS cannot be correct, LP X is no longer compatible with Mountain Lion, and only was compatible ones by applying a certain hack. So what version of LP X, and what version OS?

LP X will only check that everything is there when starting up. Is that what you mean?

User uploaded file

Or are you starting up a project or template? Those have to load whatever is in them, every time you open them.

Jul 3, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Eriksimon

Correction: I am using Yosemite 10.10.3 on a MacBook Pro. I've just downloaded the latest LPX. When I first opened LPX it downloaded additional content (additional sounds and loops) - fair enough. But, now when I try to open LPX, it tries to download that same content again when it should be resident on my computer. thanks, AR

Jul 3, 2015 8:17 AM in response to trpt.guy

trpt.guy wrote:

Correction: I am using Yosemite 10.10.3 on a MacBook Pro.

You should probably edit your proifile signature then.

User uploaded file

trpt.guy wrote:

I've just downloaded the latest LPX. When I first opened LPX it downloaded additional content (additional sounds and loops) - fair enough. But, now when I try to open LPX, it tries to download that same content again when it should be resident on my computer.

Ah, so Logic wants to download additional content again? There are a lot of posts about that on here, so search on this forum for "downloading additional content" and you should find procedures to combat this issue.

First check that everything is indeed downloaded:

User uploaded file

Then find a procedure somewhere amongst these posts (it is one of the most frequently reported issues).

https://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?type=discussion&q=%22download+addition al+content%22&showAnsweredFirst=true&pla…

Or perhaps The Art of Sound will chime in...

Why does LPX attempt to load sounds and loops at each opening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.