Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all of my desktop folders now contain all the desktop information and files. This happens when I create a new folder too. What can I do to restore the folders so they only have the files I have selected

all of my desktop folders now contain all the desktop information and files. This happens when I create a new folder too. What can I do to restore the folders so they only have the files I have selected

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:13 AM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2017 6:47 PM in response to Linc Davis

I understand the problem and also need to resolve this issue. What we want is a "blank folder" to put our new file into and then name it, not one that opens with every file on the desktop (we want a blank folder).

It used to work! quite easily by clicking the desktop where a new folder (blank) would appear but now it has unwanted files it =The entire set of files from the desktop show up each time we create a new folder).Frustrating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.