Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard Intermittent Failure

Hello.

I have recently got my first Mac, used, a Mac Mini 5,1 (Early 2011 I think) and along with it, I was given a magic trackpad, which works wonders, and a wireless keyboard. Now, at the start, it worked just fine. However, every now and then, an entire row will stop working. Most of the times it's the z-m row, the last time it was a to ç. Normally, a little pressure on the back of it gets it working again, but still, every now and then, off it goes. So the keys do work, they seem to be fine, but not all the time. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is there a solution short of getting a new one?

Paulo

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Used system

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:00 AM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 10:50 AM in response to den.thed

Well, to be honest, I've always been a PC/Android guy. Still am. But I am loving OSX, I am a music producer, and everything just looks good. I caved. Apple stuff looks good. I'd most likely just get a silver styled keyboard, because now... Everything must match. Plus when the keyboard works, I have no issues, no connectivity issues, it does work, and I love the complete freedom it has, and the fact that's one less cable to use up a port.

I just like to fix broken stuff before buying something new, I do have another keyboard, wired, which I have used.

Now on to choose a hammer.

Wireless Keyboard Intermittent Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.