Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 locks up when switching to apps

Every time I try to switch to the "apps" view in iTunes 12.2, it locks up and I have to force quit it.

Anyone else seeing this?

(12.2 seems to be a buggy release, from everything I'm reading about it here...)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2015 2:21 PM

I am having the same problem. I must do a force quit after selecting apps. Music and everything else seems to work fine. I see that you reported this problem on July 3 yet I encountered this only after installing the latest release on July 19 so I assume there is no fix for this yet?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2015 2:21 PM in response to andyhuey

I am having the same problem. I must do a force quit after selecting apps. Music and everything else seems to work fine. I see that you reported this problem on July 3 yet I encountered this only after installing the latest release on July 19 so I assume there is no fix for this yet?

Jul 20, 2015 12:00 AM in response to andyhuey

i don't have quite the same issue but from the sound of it, it's somewhat similar. For me, iTunes hangs whenever I have it open (whether there's music playing or not), I go to another application like Safari, a Newsreader, Lightroom (any app really) and then come back to iTunes after a while. Once the iTunes window gets focus, there's a brief second of pause and then the spinning beachball comes on. I have to force quit it to be able to use it again. - I've tried restarting and that seemed to alleviate the issue, at least for a while. Today it's back again though, so that didn't work. Also saw someone suggesting to turn off any store and iTunes Music related stuff but that didn't work for me at all.

So yeah, if anyone has an idea, please post! TIA!

Jul 25, 2015 6:03 AM in response to andyhuey

OP, I've been having this same problem for several weeks now. I can access anything else in iTunes (Music, Podcasts, Movies, etc.), but as soon as I click on "Apps", "My Apps, or "My iPhone Apps", I get the spinning ball and have to force quit. I was hoping the latest update would correct the problem, but unfortunately that was not the case. It's annoying and frustrating not being able to permanently delete iOS Apps from my iTunes library. Hopefully someone comes along with a fix soon.

Steve

Jul 31, 2015 1:00 AM in response to Toby196

OK, only an hour ago it froze up as usual and I had to Force Quit. After relaunching a couple minutes ago, I tried again, this time clicking on Music > then iTunes Store >then while in the music Store I used the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen to change it to the Apps section of the Store. From there I clicked on "My iPad Apps" (even though I don't have an iPad). Then when I clicked on "My iPhone Apps" and "My Apps", it actually worked!!! I've tried this same method (minus clicking on "My iPad Apps" first) dozens of times already, and it's never worked. As an added bonus, after getting it to work for the first time, now I can access "My Apps" by every other normal method too.

So, I have no idea how or why, but iTunes is finally working as it's supposed to.

iTunes 12.2 locks up when switching to apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.