Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the ios 8.4 update problems with my phone

after installing the new update 8.4 my iphone 5c kept shutdown and reopen by it self over and over so i turned it off till i found a solution for this problem , what can i do ?

i coudn't restore the default factory settings because it shuts down after afew seconds from starting to work

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:11 AM

Force your device to start. To do this, press Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them for at least 10 seconds.

Take a look at this support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. You will need to have iTunes installed on this computer. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Hope this helps!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Nemo Ahmed

Force your device to start. To do this, press Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them for at least 10 seconds.

Take a look at this support article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. You will need to have iTunes installed on this computer. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Hope this helps!

Jul 21, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Nemo Ahmed

The one thing I have learned is to NEVER, EVER, EVER update when Apple releases. EVER. The update to my iPad2 from 7 to 8 has rendered it almost useless. Yes, you read all kinds garbage people suggest to "make it better". None of that crap works or if it does, not for long. Total waste of your time. I have an iPhone6 thru work. I will NEVER update to 8.4. It works great right now. I am POSITIVE it will be all cocked up if I update it.

Thanks Apple for sucking.

Jul 27, 2015 2:06 AM in response to Nemo Ahmed

Having a similar problem, my iPhone 5 would suddenly restart the last few days, I was going to restore it to factory settings but before I did that it just turned off by itself and I haven't been able to turn it on again, it turns on, goes to white screen with apple logo for a bit but it doesn't go any further than that, I've tried recovery mode and restoring it from iTunes but it restarts after a while so iTunes can't complete the restore....

the ios 8.4 update problems with my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.