Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac display sleep "during I work"?

Hi everybody,

I have a little bit strange problem and did not get a solution yet.

My iMac is basically going to "Display Sleep" modus during I am working on the computer! This happen just random but like every couple of minutes. Sometimes I can work 30 minutes without a problem and sometimes it happen every 3-4 minutes.

Does not matter which application I use, skype, safari etc. just in the middle suddenly the screen goes off, I move the mouse, screen comes back and I enter my login infos again.

I already checked on energy safe modes etc. all is on NEVER (besides that this should not happen anyway when I work on my Mac). I also downloaded the Coffeeine App and disabled sleep complete without success.

I would be happy if somebody has an idea how can I trace this problem.

thank you in advance,

Oliver

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:19 AM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:51 PM in response to floripaoliver

Do you have "Put Display to Sleep" setup in Hot Corners...?

To check, open the Mission Control Preference and click on the Hot Corners... button.

User uploaded file

The reason I ask is, because I had trouble when I had "Put Display to Sleep" set it up in the upper left corner. Almost every time I went to the Apple menu, the Hot Corner would activate display sleep. Also if you use Notifications, you might also check to see how the upper right Hot Corner is setup.

Jul 8, 2015 7:08 AM in response to den.thed

Thanks for your tips, but both did not help. My iMAC continues to switch the display off every couple of minutes, if not seconds.

I checked the hot corners, nothing as well. All off. I also reseted SMC.

Something I noticed was that always like a second before the display goes off the cooler/ventilator turns like full speed for a second. than both go off, display and cooler. I move the mouse and display comes back with login during cooler goes back to normal. The cooler himself works fine I did test with some tools, temperature and cooler are as usual.

I dont know what to do anymore to be honest.

iMac display sleep "during I work"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.