Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble connecting my MacBook pro to my iPhone for iMessage

When this feature first came on about 10 months ago, my MacBook Pro (mid 2010) was receiving and sending text messages from both iPhones, and other devices, through my iPhone 4s in iMessage. About three months later, it would only work with other iPhones, and even then, it messed up conversation chains with those users. Today, I reset my keychain, synced all my passwords for my Apple ID, and went through the step-by-step process to set this feature up.

Nada.

Every message I send returns a "not delivered" in iMessage.

Suggestions welcomed.

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:56 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2015 11:58 AM in response to barryfromkingston

Hi,

I normally read all the posts tagged as Messages and iMessages in both Mavericks and Yosemite as well as the whole of the iChat Community.

I am running behind by a few days at the moment due to my wife being in hospital.

You have two iPhones and other devices that were linked to one iPhone regarding Text Forwarding (SMS to other devices).

I have had issues where I found the iPhone was not actually getting iMessages addressed to the iPhone Number (it was seeing synced versions to the Apple ID).

I found that in the iPhone > Settings > Messages > Send and Receive the iPhone number is listed but not ticked to be active despite the fact it is automatic when you turn on the App and it cannot be changed by the user.

If this is the case remove the Apple ID

I placed my iPhone in Airport Mode to break with the server.

I then went back to settings and made sure Messages was On and waited until the Number had verified again.

Then I tested by sending an iMessages to the Apple ID (Effectively the Mac).

Once this was done I re-added the Apple ID.

ON the Mac version you may want to restart the app to see the pop ups about what the iPhone is using.

Accept the pop ups.

Also on the 10th I changed my SIM Card.

I kept the same number.

However in the change over I have just discovered that the Text Forwarding on the iPhone had been turned Off and I had to reset it to the iMac and enter the new code that showed up on the Mac.

Basically re-check what you think is set and should not have changed as well as what you think might need looking at.

User uploaded file

7:58 p.m. Saturday; July 11, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Having trouble connecting my MacBook pro to my iPhone for iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.