Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone isn't working we charged it all night and we push the home button down siri comes on but we can't see anything when we hit the power button nothing happens. I have iMac is there a way to restart it from there?

my phone isn't working we charged it all night and we push the home button down siri comes on but we can't see anything when we hit the power button nothing happens. I have iMac is there a way to restart it from there?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 8:26 AM in response to emily james 1228

Hello Emily James,

It sounds like your phone is responding to the Home button by playing the Siri tone when you hold it, but the screen just remains black. I would use these 3 steps from the following article to help determine if the issue is one to do with software, or the hardware and a contact number for Apple if it comes down to it:

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Reset your device while it's plugged in.
  2. If resetting doesn’t fix the issue, restore your device.
  3. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.