Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to sync the music from my iPhone 6 to my MacBook Air. Now, all my music is gone. Is there a way to get it back?

I recently purchased a MacBook Air and attempted to sync my iPhone 6 music playlist to it. My very old laptop still has most the music on it, but is a Windows product and difficult (due to age and whatnot) to transfer to Mac products. All of my music from my phone has now disappeared. It isn't on my phone and never did move to my MacBook. How do I get it back?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:26 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Nova0613

All of my music from my phone has now disappeared

On the Mac launch iTunes. Then go the menu, click Store > Sign In. Make sure you are using the same Apple ID you used for the original music purchases. Otherwise the music won't sync correctly between iPhone and Mac.

To see which Apple ID you are using on your iPhone, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID

I tried to sync the music from my iPhone 6 to my MacBook Air. Now, all my music is gone. Is there a way to get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.