Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New music not syncing since 8.4 update

I have iOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2. Windows 7.

I did not sign up for Apple Music. I ask iTunes not to show me Apple Music.

I can't find any "iCloud Library" options in either iTunes or my iPod 5th Gen.

Still, every new music I've added in iTunes since the 8.4 update won't sync on my iPod.

I can see the new music listed on the "On device" list when my iPod is connected to my computer, but they show up in grey, with a circle on the left. But on my iPod, the new music won't show up and the playlists won't update.

Little precision: that problem first appeared after the 8.4 update, not the 12.2 iTunes update. I updated iTunes only later, thinking it might solve the problem. It did not.

PC, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:15 AM

11 replies

Jul 3, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Clipitar

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jul 4, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Clipitar

I have iOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2. Windows 8.

I did not sign up for Apple Music. I ask iTunes not to show me Apple Music.

I can't find any "iCloud Library" options in either iTunes or my iPod 5th Gen.

Still, every new music I've added in iTunes since the 8.4 update won't sync on my iPod.

I cant believe that Cliptar and me are the only ones with this problem.

lllass' suggestions, though much appreciated, did not help.

Jul 12, 2015 9:42 AM in response to Bee.Farmer

I've tried this but it still has not worked for me. IOS 8.4 has major problems syncing. I bought number of tracks off iTunes today. I managed to get them on to my iPod in the 'My Music' section and move them into the right playlist, but has soon as I synced them they disappeared on the playlist (even though those tracks were on the iTunes playlist backed up on my PC). In addition I ripped a CD I recently bought and added it to another iTunes playlist. Needless to say it cant be synced into the iPod. In addition IOS 8.4 has also erased most of the album artwork.

Reading other threads it appears impossible to Sync any new music onto iPods, iPads, iPhones either from a PC, Mac of the Cloud. Before IOS 8.4 was forced on us this was never a problem. Clearly IOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2 is full of major bugs that makes all Apple music Apps almost impossible to use. Hopefully next week Apple will send out another IOS version correcting the vast number of faults and bugs in IOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2. Failing that could Apple withdraw IOS 8.4 and restore a previous IOS and only release IOS 8.4 when they have sorted out all the bugs.

In future could Apple NOT release new IOS and iTunes versions until they have been thouroughly reviewed and tested with all the bugs located and removed. Could Apple also please try and consult with its customers to find out how exactly they like to used their devices. The use of playlists and the ability to manipulate them is the single most important aspect of owning an IPod Touch and a major feature the iPhone 6. IOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2 has completely sabotaged this. It is grossly irresponsible and arrogant of Apple to have done this and a betrayal of its customer base.

Jul 12, 2015 9:30 PM in response to Clipitar

So I stumbled across a solution that worked for me.

I opened up my playlists in my iTunes Library (which I can no longer sync using iTunes 12.2 + Apple Music), once the playlist is open there is a banner across the top showing the name of playlist, plus some controls. Over on the right hand side however theres a small heart which allows you to favorite the playlist. As soon as I clicked on the small heart the playlist reappeared on my phone. Just as it was. The bigger the playlist the longer it took to reappear. However none took longer than about 2 minutes.

All is well! No sync required or anything. Just click the small heart.

New music not syncing since 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.