Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthday pop up won't close in iCal

ok, maybe it's me but I started using contacts and iCal on my new iPad air2 and when I tried to add some birthdays to the contacts, they show up on the calendar but when I tap the alert, the info box opens but only gives me the option to edit. I cannot close the box. All other functions are grey. I have to close the app (double click, swipe up) to get rid of it.

PLease note, I'm not syncing to iCloud yet.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, iCal

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:27 AM

OK. I found the problem. All other pop up windows close when you tap anywhere outside the box. However, with birthdays, you can only close the pop up by swiping across towards the data field In the calendar. Seems like a bug to me. So, if you tap a birthday entry that opens an info box to the left, you can only swipe to the right And vice versa.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 8:27 AM in response to XRdsTV

OK. I found the problem. All other pop up windows close when you tap anywhere outside the box. However, with birthdays, you can only close the pop up by swiping across towards the data field In the calendar. Seems like a bug to me. So, if you tap a birthday entry that opens an info box to the left, you can only swipe to the right And vice versa.

Jul 5, 2015 10:23 AM in response to XRdsTV

I'm experiencing the same problem on my iPad 4 and so does my dad on his iPad mini.

Could you please expand on your "swiping across towards the data field" solution? I've been swiping on and from and to and around the pop up box in all possible directions and it won't close, so I still have to go with force-closing the calendar.

I'd really appreciate your help!

Jul 5, 2015 10:39 AM in response to Arne Bartelsen

for more clarity, when you tap the birthday, a info box appears. To the left or right of the item you tapped. You'll see s small v-shape between the two. From that position swipe toward the record (away from the larger info box) and it should close. seems like a bug as all other info boxes close when you tap anywhere on the calendar. Good luck!

Birthday pop up won't close in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.