Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lasso tool won't select any clips in timeline

Hello fellow editors,

I just started using FCPX and somehow I'm not able to select clips with the lasso.

The lasso works but when I'm lasso-ing over the clips in my timeline, the clips are not selected.

Is there any setting or shortcut I should use to get it work?

Thanks in advance,

JB

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:03 AM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks for your answers so far. I tried to restart FCPX while pressing option and command, but that didn't change anything. I also tried another mouse without any success. But I noticed that the problem is only in my current project. If I open another one it's all as it should be. Where do I find the preferences files and can I delete it safely?

Yes, I mean drawing that rectangle to choose multiple clips with my mouse. They neither highlight while dragging nor after I release the mouse-button...

Jul 3, 2015 2:03 PM in response to unityofmulti

The safest way is to use the option and command key combination. If you want to trash the individual files, take a look atthis support doc,

However, if your other projects work, I would say it's very unlikely that the application's preferences are the cause.

Try creating a new empty project. Copy the timeline of your problem project and paste it into the new project.

Russ

Lasso tool won't select any clips in timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.