Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Awful Service from apple India ********** harddisk crashed 2nd time in1.5 year was not expecting this from apple product

i bought my mac book pro in 24 jan 2014 and it crashed in june 2014 .then again its os crashed later in same year.now its july 2015 and my hard disk crashed again

,now i have to pay 13k for replacing my hard disk. really an awful experience with an apple product ***********

<Edited by Host>

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:34 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 11:17 AM in response to TheNitish

You aren't speaking to Apple directly here. You need to call back AppleCare and refer to the case number.

As far has hard drives crashing there is not much Apple can do about it. They provide you a backup software. They try to buy the best media available, but media even on Dells can be faulty. I've known a brand new Dell to get two dead on arrival hard drives in a row from tech support.

Also I don't know if this is true of your area India, but all computers are susceptible to irregular power. A good backup power supply such as APC which provides the right frequency and amp to the machine can help make it so that irregular power won't cause a problem. Notebook power cords are also fragile as my FAQ explains*:

http://www.macmaps.com/frayguide.html

Hard drives of notebook computers are not immune from failure when the machine dropped or banged into. The Sudden Motion Sensor can help prevent many issues, but it isn't perfect. Mac Pro is the name of a desktop computer, and MacBook Pro is a notebook computer.

* Links to my pages may give me compensation.

Awful Service from apple India ********** harddisk crashed 2nd time in1.5 year was not expecting this from apple product

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.