Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 won't turn on after ios 8.4

After updating to ios 8.4 it did turn on well,. everything was ok , it had like 60% battery, it was connected while it was updating the ios,. I went to sleep last night and today in the morning the iPhone it's dead, not responding at all, black screen, no logo or nothing, I already tried hard resetting the iphone, power b + sleep b. connected or disconnected, plugged to my pc, and nothing, what else can I do,. I already have an appointment for tomorrow, but, in the mean time, , thks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:24 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 9:47 AM in response to Ingo2711

Case closed,. brought it to a genius bar at Apple Otay Ranch SD. CA., they said my iPhone has third party parts in it which were unknown for the,. that voids any warranty with apple,. they wont fix it even if I pay for it,. so,. I bought the iPhone new online at Costco.com Mexico,. so I return it back to my local Costco store in Tijuana and they refund me the money 100%, went to Telcel and got a new iPhone 6 plus 64gb with the refund I got from Costco, went better for me. the other one was a 16gb iPhone. thks all.

ps, why it had third party parts? Costco Mexico say the provider for them is iShop Store, something similar to an Apple store in USA, in Tijuana it's called iShop, that's an authorized reseller for apple. weird, I don't know if they are selling refurbished iPhones like new,. I bought it on November 2014, it wasn't that old to be refurbished,. I don't know.

thks again.

Jul 6, 2015 10:10 AM in response to Chupakabras301

Glad you've got that sorted and your provider gave you a new device.

The warranty for an iPhone is only valid in the country of purchase, one reason that Apple USA could not handle your repair request.

Also, some providers sell refurbished devices that had been given back to them by some of their customers due to technical problems.

And, Authorized Resellers can't repair iPhones, only Authorized Apple Service Providers can do that, without you losing the warranty.

iPhone 6 won't turn on after ios 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.