Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos will not upload to iCloud Photo Library

iphone will not upload photos. It just states "18 photos to upload". Even though the options are turned on, there is enough disk space and wifi connection and charged battery. Also, camera app is closed. Yet photos will not upload consistently. Some will at arbitrary times. but I can't get it to do so when I need it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:28 AM

9 replies

Sep 2, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Ianwillc

I have the same problem. My iPhone 5S is plugged in. iCloud is enabled (and paid for), and I have over 2 gigs free of iCloud storage. The bottom of my Photos app just says “94 items to upload,” and nothing happens. — Except if you watch closely, sometimes it will read, “Uploading 94 items,” but then it just flashes back to “94 items to upload.”

I will sync to my computer manually, but this was very disappointing and a bit worrisome.

I’m running iOS 8.4.1. I restarted my phone (by pushing and holding Home & Power) and this did not solve the problem. It has not uploaded any new photos in two full days.

The only thing I can think of is… two days ago, I briefly connected to a captive portal Wifi (and successfully authenticated). Probably has nothing to do with it, but who knows. It was working fine until recently, as far as I can tell.

Photos will not upload to iCloud Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.