Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Air 2 - Touch ID settings not staying switched on

My brother received an iPad Air 2 today - we set up the touch ID through the initial set up process. We were able to download an initial app using this method. However, this afternoon we tried to download another app and when we used either the touch ID or password methods, the app would revert to 'GET' and the downloads wouldn't start.

I tried rebooting, but no success.

I then went into settings, Touch ID and Passcodes and tried to switch both 'Use touch pad ID for' options, namely iPad Unlock and iTunes & App Store, to off. I switched iPad Unlock back on, but we're now struggling to get the iTunes & App Store option to remain switched on. we flick the button to the right so the green is showing, input the password when requested and click OK. After about 5 seconds, the switch flicks back to off.

There are now two problems at play:

1) We're unable to download apps - when we click get and input the password nothing happens and,

2) We're unable to turne the Touch ID back on

Any advice would be much appreciated. We're in the process of updating the software to IOS 8.4.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:18 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 9:45 AM in response to oliver241

Hey there oliver241,

It sounds like you are having a couple of issues with Touch ID on your iPad Air. I would start by quitting all the running apps on your iPad:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Ipad Air 2 - Touch ID settings not staying switched on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.