Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to Buy the Entire Album - Not Complete It

Apple doesn't appear to want my money. 😕

I have several old DRM protected songs from an album in my library.

They are not available to be re-downloaded in a DRM free format - I tried the delete and redownload process.

I've no interest in iTunes match and am quite happy to simply rebuy the songs as part of the entire album.

The problem is iTunes knows I own the songs and will not allow me to purchase the entire album. iTunes only offers me the option to complete the album.

As a test, I clicked Complete My Album (CMA) to see if, perhaps, iTunes would offer me the chance to either complete or rebuy the entire album. No luck. iTunes simply says we will not redownload previously purchased songs. iTunes own CMA FAQ implies it will not replace DRM songs with DRM free songs if you use CMA.

How does a Complete My Album offer with iTunes Plus songs work?

If the songs you own are AAC Protected or a mix of both AAC Protected and iTunes Plus, the Complete My Album offer will deliver the remaining songs in iTunes Plus if iTunes Plus content is available.

Anyone out know if you can disable or otherwise bypass CMA so I can rebuy the entire album DRM free?

Maybe you've got another suggestion?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:26 AM

3 replies

Want to Buy the Entire Album - Not Complete It

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.