Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming

i am trying to stream my MacBook Pro onto my tv using an HDMI cord. The screen on the tv is much larger than on the MacBook. How do I change this mirroring or resolution issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:40 AM

bob

I have a PowerBook running OS X 10.4.11 so our stuff should be the same or similar.

If the Menu Bar does NOT have the Display Icon - User uploaded file - on it, open your Display Preferences pane

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Check the box "Show displays in menu bar" (you could {Detect Displays} here, but it will be most convenient as follows

Click the Display Icon > Detect Displays

User uploaded file

Your screen should blink briefly and then display Desktop on both screens

As you can see, "Mirroring" is in the pull down menu now

User uploaded file

You will likely want to "Calibrate" your TV's display - accomplished "subjectively" with a "Wizard" by choosing the {Calibrate} button

User uploaded file

AND - if you are NOT Mirroring - you will want to fine tune the "Arrangement" on the corresponding TAB

ÇÇÇ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 11:40 AM in response to bobfromwinnipeg

bob

I have a PowerBook running OS X 10.4.11 so our stuff should be the same or similar.

If the Menu Bar does NOT have the Display Icon - User uploaded file - on it, open your Display Preferences pane

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Check the box "Show displays in menu bar" (you could {Detect Displays} here, but it will be most convenient as follows

Click the Display Icon > Detect Displays

User uploaded file

Your screen should blink briefly and then display Desktop on both screens

As you can see, "Mirroring" is in the pull down menu now

User uploaded file

You will likely want to "Calibrate" your TV's display - accomplished "subjectively" with a "Wizard" by choosing the {Calibrate} button

User uploaded file

AND - if you are NOT Mirroring - you will want to fine tune the "Arrangement" on the corresponding TAB

ÇÇÇ

Streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.