Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot sign in to my apple tv with my apple ID

I cannot sign in to my apple tv with my apple ID I got the message Cannot connect to iTunes. Everything is fine with my ID and password, I tested it on my computer and iphone, also I did double check the function home sharing in iTunes and again ID & Pass are correct.

Finally I restored already my apple TV, don't know what else I can do

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:26 AM

7 replies

Dec 10, 2017 8:45 AM in response to Jason L

Hi Jason,

I hope you're still there, as this is an old issue. But I have the same problem and have tried everythong I can find on the web. But to no avail. I can access Netflix and stuff, but not my home sharing computers. From one day to the next!!! I can access the store on all other devices, but the ATV will not do it. Tried other id's as wll, no luck. Does that mean its broken???😢

Jul 5, 2015 10:03 AM in response to johcam

Hi johcam,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue connecting to the iTunes Store from your Apple TV, and you’ve already verified the Apple ID in addition to restoring the Apple TV.

The article below has a lot of great information that will resolve issues connecting to the iTunes store, even on devices that aren’t mentioned in the article, like your Apple TV.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Jul 6, 2015 6:57 AM in response to johcam

OK guys, I have solved my problem, even I restored my apple TV was not working but here is the trick the first time I did run the restore directly from the apple TV, but now this second time I decided to restored plug in the apple tv to my computer and restored by iTunes, and buala it is working now. so guys give it a try and may this works for you. Note: depending on your internet connection the restore can take a little while.

I cannot sign in to my apple tv with my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.