Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost ALL my Health data after 8.4 (no reset!) and now keeps deleting everything I put in.

As I wrote in the topic section yesterday I saw that I lost all my Health data.

This is not the first time, but in the past I made full update-and-reset-than-put-the-data-back.. so that was my fault because iTunes doesn't make backups of the Health data if they are not encrypted. I knew it.
This time I updated my iPhone via incremental update using only the phone. No iTunes, no hard resets, etc. Only 170Mb of small update in the phone without erasing data. I thought that in this way I should have had no issues. But all the data is lost .. All of them. And most important now nothing works. The Apps doesn't write any data, and if I want to write something, as I go out from the App and I open back, all I have set is gone. Example: I set that I am a male and my birthdate. I close the Health App, open back and all is set to 0 and gone. Maybe the other apps cannot write data because they write and the data is not kept in and erased as the data I put manually in. I don't know.

Maybe I'll try to reset the phone and put the data back (call it "irony of the fate"..). But I have tried to write here because maybe someone of you knows the issue. If not, well, now you know that you can lose data, so make an encrypted backup and stay safe ...

Thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, White, 64Gb

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:40 AM

Ok, it seems like I made a post and I have to answer myself...
I made a reset via home+on/off buttons and now all data seems to be there again. I made a restart yesterday.. but I didn't check the Health App. Now I have done this restart procedure and everything seems normal.

BUT there are no data form the past two days. The last entry in more than one section is from June the 30th. No entry in 1,2 and today, the 3rd of July.

I hope that now that the old data is back the Apps (Fitness Point, MyfitnessPal, etc) begin to write down their entries again, because the beauty of the Health App is the sharing of information between the Apps.. I'll check later after putting some data in one of them

So, if you notice this problem the solution seems this simple. Restart the phone.

I'll leave the post because maybe someone could find it useful

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 10:40 AM in response to Piergiovanni

Ok, it seems like I made a post and I have to answer myself...
I made a reset via home+on/off buttons and now all data seems to be there again. I made a restart yesterday.. but I didn't check the Health App. Now I have done this restart procedure and everything seems normal.

BUT there are no data form the past two days. The last entry in more than one section is from June the 30th. No entry in 1,2 and today, the 3rd of July.

I hope that now that the old data is back the Apps (Fitness Point, MyfitnessPal, etc) begin to write down their entries again, because the beauty of the Health App is the sharing of information between the Apps.. I'll check later after putting some data in one of them

So, if you notice this problem the solution seems this simple. Restart the phone.

I'll leave the post because maybe someone could find it useful

Jul 4, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Piergiovanni

I have a similar problem - the Health app freezes, sometimes quits and restarts, but freezes again. The Activity app shows no data. Restarting the phone temporarily restores the data and function to both apps but after 1 to 2 days, the freezing/lack of data recur. I deleted all other tracking apps (Withings, RunKeeper) in the hope that there was a conflict, but without change in behavior. I've not found any topic that addresses this.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4 (but also happened in 8.3)

Jul 7, 2015 4:09 AM in response to wdp03

Yes,

you're right. The problem is back in my phone too! It worked for a couple of days, but tomorrow morning I checked and there was no data again, and no App can read or write ... I have done another restart and now it seems working again but as you say this is temporary. It's a big problem because every data should be shared between every App you use and with the Health blocked nothing works. What I don't understand is why no people talk about this. Let's hope that someone at Apple Inc recognize the problem and fix it soon

Lost ALL my Health data after 8.4 (no reset!) and now keeps deleting everything I put in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.