Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone freezing and touch pad going crazy, help?

since 2 days ago my iPhone 5s has been freezing and during those episodes the touch pad (for typing etc) goes off by itself and I am unable to stop it or do anything with it. I have updated the software to iOs 8.4 and taken off recent apps which I have downloaded however this problem persists.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:57 AM

5 replies

Jul 5, 2015 11:25 AM in response to Roshfort

Hey there Roshfort,

it sounds like your phone becomes unresponsive sometimes and when it does the screen seems to be doing things on its own. I would start by quitting all the running apps on the device:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Jul 7, 2015 6:48 AM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling

Thanks for the reply, I have tried it however it only works for short periods of time and then recurs.

I have also proceeded to update all the apps which I regularly use on my iPhone, but it has been to no avail.

Sometimes the phone is selecting things automatically and I cannot stop it from doing that and when I press the home button twice then I am, from time to time, even unable to force an app to close.

Any other advice?

Regards

Jul 7, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Roshfort

Thanks for the update! Since it is still happening I would next backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Iphone freezing and touch pad going crazy, help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.