Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden degradation in battery life on iphone 6 ios 8.2

Hi,

I'm using iphone 6 with ios 8.2 and about 3 days ago the battery started discharging very quickly, times faster then before, and the phone is getting hot while surfing the web or using some other light weight apps like facebook.

I didn't change any settings, and didn't install any new application. the only thing I could think of that could somehow effect is that a couple of days before the issue started I didn't charge the iphone on time and it fully discharged and turned off.

Tried rebooting, tried restoring from itunes ... didn't help.

Any suggestion are welcome.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:12 AM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2015 10:30 AM in response to tvcool

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the battery life.

If the phone works as before, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this could be a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Jul 5, 2015 7:40 AM in response to tvcool

I somehow restored the iphone and iTunes forced me to upgrade to ios 8.4.

Anyways I'm experiencing the same issue on restored iphone.6 with ios 8.4

how can I export the the contacts from the iphone and put them manually back after resetting the settings?

Reverting from icloud backup wouldn't test clearly if there is an issue in the hardware or in the backup.

Thanks

Jul 5, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Ingo2711

But you've wrote that "to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the battery life.", and I agree with you, but how do I put back the contacts "manually" without any sync not icloud and not itunes?

If I sync the contact info to the local address book, how can I put them back on the phone without restore from icloud or itunes.

Thanks

Jul 5, 2015 9:20 AM in response to tvcool

Syncing to the local address book after the software has been installed again does not alter the iOS software anymore. You're just as if this is a new iPhone and your are starting from the scratch again, syncing to iTunes. The existing backup will be overwritten if you did not use it to restore the phone.

There is also 3rd party software out there to copy contact data directly to your computer, but using this kind of software is not directly supported by Apple.

Sudden degradation in battery life on iphone 6 ios 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.