Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore my old iPhone 4 from an iPhone 6 backup?

My new iPhone 6 went for a swim and didn't come back out 😟 I recently bought a new MacBook and the only backup I have is from my iPhone 6. I bought my phone from apple and can't afford a new one at this time so I am trying to restore my old iPhone 4 "which my wife has been using" with my iPhone 6 backup but I'm getting this error "The backup “iPhone” cannot be restored to this iPhone because the software on the iPhone is too old." I don't have an iCloud backup.Is there a way to get it my backup ?

thank you

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:15 PM

3 replies

how to restore my old iPhone 4 from an iPhone 6 backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.